What We Do
Fund Raising Projects
- The Primary objective of the SHS Alumni Assoc. is to provide educational scholarships for graduating seniors.
- Secondary objectives are to support all high school activities, extra curricular programs and athletics as funding is available.
- Honor the oldest living graduate each year at graduation time. We are always seeking information on the oldest living graduates for our records - please call if you know of anyone.
A. Collecting and Selling Salem High Yearbooks
- If you have or know people that have old yearbooks that you/or they do not know what to do with please donate them to us. If you want to purchase a yearbook or check what is available please call an officer or exec. committee member for information.
B. For Sale
- Wooden plaques of the old and new high schools. The cost is $15.00 each. These make nice gifts or door prizes for reunions.
- Banners from past Tri-County and State Championships from the gym walls of the high school. Call for information and pictures. These are great one-of-a-kind items for your game room or basement decoration.
- Seat Sections from the old high school (Market St.) Auditorium. Great conversation pieces and a part of history.
- We accept all donations from individuals-estates-businesses for our scholarship fund. Various class reunions have provided in the past.
- We are currently working with the Salem County Historical Society to reserve a special meeting room in the Historical Eakin House on Market Street to display memorabilia from past classes and the Alumni Assoc. Several items have already been donated and categorized for display. Projected use of room will also be for alumni meetings & class reunion meetings.
- We are seeking old and unique class memorabilia (sweaters - jackets-athletic letters-band uniforms-athletic uniforms-class rings-graduation programs-pictures-mugs-pins-ties etc.) for this project. If you have and would like to donate that "special" cherish item please contact us.
The Salem High School Alumni Association Committee, Lyn McConnaughey, from left, Dot Bunting and Barbara Peterson, selling donated yearbooks during Market Street in Salem.